- Check-in time 14:00
- Check-out time 12:00
Improve the life of disabled people in Laos!
XonPhao is establishing a training center and workshops for people with disabilities as well as vulnerable women, to learn practical skills which will support their long term ability to generate income. We also act as a support network which will empower people with disabilities to learn more about their rights and have a collective voice to advocate for change.
The project’s objectives are:
– Objective 1: Providing employment opportunities to people with disabilities, through hands-on vocational training in sewing, handicraft, marketing, financial literacy, and life skills to expand employment pathways for them.
– Objective 2: Empowering people with disabilities through peer to peer support to build their confidence in order to build their capacity to be self-sufficient members of the community.
– Objective 3: Creating environmentally friendly products which generate income for people with disabilities and their families, using locally sourced products from Lao PDR, while preserving the cultural traditions and products of Lao people.
About the homestay
1. The XonPhao center has 2 rooms (one room hosts 3 people), we have 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, and 1 kitchen
2. The XonPhao center is near the international airport and near a fresh market, people can see a lot of different lives in this project connecting with people with disability and learn how they work at the center.
3. At XonPhao they are living an easy life, they love Lao local foods, every day they go fishing, find bamboo and vegetables, and help each other to prepare food.
4. Everyday travelers can learn how Lao people live their everyday lives, and they can practice making handmade products with disabled people at the XonPhao center.
Getting to know the NGO.
They have the following daily schedule:
1.At 5:30 AM give alms to Buddhist monks
2.At 6:30-8:00 AM cleaning, making local foods and breakfast together
3.At 8:30 AM – 16 PM training handmade products and play games with disabled people
4.At 4:30 PM fishing time and finding vegetables the in rice fields
5.At 6:00 PM making food and dinner
6.At 7:30-8:30 PM Singing and English class
Any questions? Nils from Socialbnb will be answering all your questions!
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: